Safety and Philosophy
SafetyAt Maxum, safety isn't just a priority it's a core value. Safety is a mindset and an attitude that all Maxum employees carry with them on a daily basis. We are committed to continuous improvement in safety, with a common goal of zero injuries. We also take an active part in initiatives, including the development of "Best Practices" and training programs.
Maxum makes it a priority to keep compliant with OSHA safety rules. Through Maxum’s risk management programs, we educate our reliable staff, our subcontractors and our vendors to promote training and safety as a cornerstone of our company culture. Our employees actively execute safety values and accident prevention tactics during every job, while simultaneously generating innovative and quality work on a nationwide level.
We are committed to reinforcing safety and risk management, through training and skill-level improvement programs, including:
- Safety orientation for newly hired employees
- Tailgate and Pre-job Briefing safety meetings at the onset of each project
- Fall Safety for all tower workers
Safety and risk management also assist to positively influence our bottom line, as well as those of our customers. We strive to manage costs by resolving outstanding issues in a timely manner.
PhilosophyOur internal safety philosophy allows us to develop and enforce workplace practices that ensure the safe-work ethic and environment of our employees. It is based upon the following principles:
- Incidents and injuries can be prevented, and all workplace hazards can be safeguarded.
- Each employee, from management on down, is responsible for preventing, incidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses, and will be held accountable.
- Training employees to work safely is essential and is the responsibility of management and supervisors. Occupational safety and health is part of every employee's total job performance.
- The prevention of personal injuries and incidents is good business.